In any sort of business or enterprise, the significance of effective communication can not be underestimated and it’s correct to assume that it contributes directly to the prosperity of the business. Without proper communication within a business, co-ordination of activities becomes impossible and so slows or hinders the smooth operation.
The emergence of the internet has quickly wiped the traditional postal mails which for decades were the most preferred mode of communication. The world wide web offers a provision for emails and these have quickly rose to become almost the de facto mode of communication nowadays by every other business; but emails may also be slow and as such, many organisations now use an even more efficient method of sending messages across their organization termed Business Texting.
Among the factors which have rendered Business Texting quite popular lately is the fact that almost every person carries a mobile gadget and unlike computers, phones are generally portable thus making it simpler to deliver a message instantly as numerous people carry their devices everywhere they go. Thus, if you are the boss and also you need to summon your team for a meeting it can make the task easier and very effective.
Another huge competitive advantage that Business Texting has over email as well as other methods of business communication is it’s real-time. The ability of mobile gadgets and smart phones to send out notifications and alert you whenever you get a new message enables real-time delivery of messages thus easing communication.
So, incorporating Business Texting texting as part of your organization's communication media not just provides competitive advantage but ensures efficiency. But just as much as they work effectively, sms messages can be extremely sensitive when used inappropriately.
Below are 5 quick tips to help you effectively implement Business Texting to assist you achieve optimum results.
- Make use of the right language: When sending a company message, remember to make use of the right official language but not to address your customers or employees like your friends. Using proper correct English is one of the methods for utilizing the right language in operation text messaging.
- Proper timing is essential: This means that you can't send a company sms during the night time because it isn't just rude but your message is going to be ineffective. A company sms is not a social conversation so keep the timing throughout the stipulated business hours whenever necessary.
- Make your text message brief and make it targeted: Think about it; the reason why you're considering to create a message over an e-mail is because you wanted to provide some fast information while in the simplest manner so adhere to the rules and make it short and to the idea.
- Use catchy attention grabbing phrases: Words like ‘OFFER’, ‘DISCOUNT’, etc needs to be the first thing someone sees as they open your sms. They're emotional triggers that can prompt anybody to read your message further raising the effectiveness of your message.
- Always include a call-to-action(CTA): At the end of your text message, ask a question or put something that will prompt your recipient to take action. This may include calling you back or following a certain procedure that you would like them to. This is often one of the least implemented but most effective tricks in Business Texting.
Business text messaging, even as we have witnessed is likely one of the best ways of communication inside an organization as it can certainly help systematize the operations within your enterprise at a very inexpensive, easy and effective manner. When using the incorporation of texts within your business, you may experience a significant rise in the collaboration between departments, or else you may even opt to use SMS Advertising to reach 1000s of your prospective customers. Whichever you choose, the following tips above will always turn out to be useful and you will notice the difference and take your venture a step forward!
Share with us in the comments below how you are using Business Texting and how it is affecting your business.